Originally from Staffordshire in the UK, it was when Glyn was first introduced to Photoshop in early 2005 that his life took on a completely different path. With a somewhat tenacious personality and hunger to learn, a few short months later he found himself making his first trip across to the USA to attend the Photoshop World 2006 Conference and Expo in Las Vegas. The trip had a profound effect on Glyn being exposed to a completely new world; the world of creativity and expression where the only limitations placed on you are by yourself.
Returning from the USA, Glyn completely absorbed himself in Photoshop, studying and practicing during any spare moments and soon found himself being hired to retouch other photographer’s work and it was this that naturally lead him into Photography and his first DSLR.
Fast forward a few years and Glyn is a Photographer, Retoucher and Trainer with clients ranging from the BBC, SKY and Air New Zealand, to Physique Athletes and Musicians. He attributes it all to combination of hard work, the guidance of incredibly talented and generous friends and a mind set of always wanting to improve and that there is ALWAYS something to learn.
Photoshop and Photography is very much a partnership in Glyn’s work, and he now travels internationally teaching his own series of sell-out workshops, coaching, speaking and instructing at conventions, writing for several Photoshop Magazines across Europe and the USA including Photoshop User and Practical Photoshop, and in 2013 was featured in the New York Times. Without hesitation though, one of the highlights of his career so far is becoming a Member of the Photoshop World Dream Team of Instructors having received the call from Scott Kelby, President of Kelby One (formerly the N.A.P.P. and Kelby Training)
“What was originally the N.AP.P (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) is where it all began for me and had it not been for the people I’ve met, friends I’ve made and the overwhelming support and encouragement I’ve received (and still do), things could be very different. To be entrusted to now share the stage with folks I admire both professionally and personally is nothing short of an honor”
Teaching and standing in front of large audiences came naturally to Glyn having attended drama school for a short period of time as a child, and having been regularly entered into public speaking competitions. Up until 2008, Glyn was also a Competitive Bodybuilder, although he stresses he does wear considerably more when on stage these days.
Glyn is the author of ‘The Photoshop Workbook: Professional Retouching and Compositing Tips, Tricks and Techniques’ and he currently lives just outside of Oxford in the UK with his wife Anne, and cat Posey, and regularly updates his blog with news, reviews, behind the scenes information, tutorials and much more…
• • •
- Having seen Glyn’s photos and all the behind the scenes work he had done I decided that he was the person I wanted to do my promotional shoot. The day of the shoot was fantastic ; we all had so much fun. i am so grateful to have worked with Glyn, my promo photos and video look amazing. I’m that pleased with the level of his work that I’ve recommended him to my music industry peers for their promo work too. ~ Chanel Fusco
- Glyn’s photographs captured the emotion with a unique vision ~ Julia Sharpe
- Been on an amazing Photoshop workshop run by the talented Glyn Dewis :0) ~ Lee Ramsden
- Just home from the best photoshop / retouching workshop ever. Very slick and professional a credit to Glyn and superb facilities at the studio ~ Graeme Clark
- Glyn, brilliant Character Portrait Workshop mate, really enjoyed it. Dave Clayton did a fantastic job as the model and a cracking studio. Cheers guys – had a great day ~ Steve Bryson
- Thanks Glyn for a great day yesterday. Was good to meet everyone. Loved the curry ~ Colette Wilks
- Thanks guys, had a great afternoon,was good to meet you both! Learnt a load of cool tricks, and enjoyed it!! ~ James Hole
• • •
Scott Kelby’s Photoshop Insider Blog:
For a little more in depth and maybe too honest account of who and what I am you could always check this out
It’s Guest Blog Wednesday featuring Glyn Dewis! [Link]